1/2 sweet onion, diced
3 carrots, sliced thin
3 stalks celery, diced
1 c green beans, snapped into short pieces
1 c cabbage, shredded
4 medium red potatoes, cubed with skin on
salt & pepper
roasted garlic powder
2 cans chicken broth (i use Swansons with no MSG)
2 cans water (just filled the broth cans after i used them)
2 c soy milk
1/2 c flour
1 package/link Hillshire Farms polish kielbasa, sliced then quartered (think small bite size)
1. In large soup pot, saute the onions, celery and carrots in some olive oil.
2. Add the broth, water, green beans, cabbage and potatoes and bring to a boil. Stir in the salt, pepper, roasted garlic powder, and onion powder. Cover and let simmer.
3. In frying pan, sauté the sausage until good and browned.
4. While the sausage is cooking, whisk flour into milk in separate sauce pan and heat to a simmer.
5. Drain the sausage and lay out on paper towels to soak up the grease.
6. Add sausage and milk mixture to the soup pot. Let simmer together for a little while.