Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Houston got a haircut

I finally did it. Nineteen months to the day and he finally has enough hair to need a haircut. I only cut the part that was hanging over his eyes. The back is curling up so I want to let it go for a while and see what happens. I waited for him to fall asleep tonight (which didn't take long because he skipped his nap today) and then I put some tape on the hair I was going to cut (so I can save it in his baby book) and then I did it. I almost cried ... don't really know why. Why is it that all those little "firsts" make me so emotional? Maybe because they are all a sign of him growing up and not being a baby anymore. He is going to have another first this friday night. Brett and I have a Theta Tau alumni banquet to go to in Gainesville and Houston is going to spend the night with his Papa and Miss Nancy. I'm almost ready to cry just thinking about it. I wonder what he'll think when he wakes up in the morning and i'm not there?

No comments:

Post a Comment