Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Well, Crap!

So Houston still is not any better. Poor thing has had a 103 degree fever for five days now. I called the doc and she is calling in a stronger antibiotic and we're going to give it 24 hours to kick in. If that doesn't work then it's back to the doctor to figure out what's going on. Which would mean so much for my weekend without kids, my night out with the girls friday night after spinning class (yarn not exercise), using my gift certificate I got for Christmas to get a manicure and pedicure saturday morning and dinner (kid-free) with my hubby on saturday evening. And let's not even mention my lack of hours (and therefore paycheck) at work over the past four weeks on top of all these doctor's bills. Why does the deductible have to kick in right in the middle of cold and flu season? I'm almost to the point of putting a running total of medical bills on the sidebar just for everyone's amusement. It's getting a bit ridiculous. And why does insurance have to be so complicated that nobody can accurately determine what you owe them? I have a stack of about 6 or 7 bills from doctors appointments we had at the end of last year on top of everything from this month. There just has to be a better way ...

Okay, that's my rant for the day. I'm heading back to the kitchen to dye some yarn. Wheee!

No comments:

Post a Comment