Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Houston's Check-up

Apparently Houston partied a little too hard for his birthday this year because he came down with a nasty cold last night. He threw up several times last night and this morning and he took three naps today. We had an appointment for his two-year check-up today. He fell asleep on the way there and it took me a good 10 minutes to get him to wake up enough to get out of the car and walk in to the doctor's office. I couldn't carry him because I had to carry Brody. Dr. Mas says he just has an upper respiratory thing ("the common cold"). Other than that she said he looks great. He weighs 30-3/4 pounds which is the 85th percentile and he is 36 inches tall which is the 93rd percentile. Big boy ... go figure! That's just how we do it.

In other news, I went to the gym tonight for the second time this week ... go me. Brett and I made a deal that every monday and wednesday he comes home and watches the kids so I can go to the gym and then when I get home I keep them out of his hair so he can study for his PE exam. The exam is October 27th so he's got a lot to do in only two months. You should see the stack of study materials and reference manuals he has to go through! Better him than me. I can't seem to stay focused on one thing for very long at all. You should see my stack of unfinished craft projects and half read self-help books. Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment