Monday, June 09, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday Brody!

Two years ago today ... Brody was born at home weighing 12 pounds. I'm so grateful that I chose to have a home birth as there most probably would have been medical intervention otherwise. While it was hands down the most intense day of my life I would do it again in a heartbeat for the same results.

This is Brody shortly after birth.



Here's Brody with my wonderful midwives, Jess & Lynne.



Houston's face shows so much concern and wonderment. He is such a good big brother ... I couldn't have asked for any better. They are truly lucky to have each other.




We had a small family birthday party at Papa & Miss Nancy's river place yesterday. It turned out just great. We usually have really big parties at home but we decided to switch it up a little. It was a really fun day.









Today my mom and I took the boys to a u-pick blueberry farm. It was really fun and the boys were really good pickers too. I couldn't believe all the blueberries we took home for only $4. We'll definitely do that again.








After picking blueberries we took Brody for his first professional haircut. He wasn't all that happy about the situation and I ended up having to sit with him so he would let it happen. We both left covered with hair but it looks cute.


2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your little guy! We love blueberry picking too! We went this past weekend. Looks like you all had fun!

    ReplyDelete