Thursday, November 16, 2006

Procrastination

As I sat here working I thought i'd take a little break (note the title of this post) to share some funny things with you all.

Funny Story #1: I was making Houston a pb&j sandwich a few days ago. He has gotten in the habit of eating the sandwich from the middle out. Then he unfolds the bread and has a ring of crust with a hole in the middle. I decided that I would cut the crust off for him this time, which I have never done before. And do you know what he did? He stood there on his stool next to me (as he does every time i'm at the kitchen counter) and picked up each piece of crust as I cut it off and ate it right there! What's up with that?!?! He doesn't eat it when I give him the whole sandwich but he stands right there and eats it all by itself. Go figure. I found it humorous.

Funny Story #2: We awoke sometime in the middle of the night to a big "thud". Scared me a bit until I realized what it was and broke into laughter. Tiki fell right off the bed in her sleep. An 80 pound dog hitting a wood floor from that far up is pretty darn loud. Our bed is up on 6-inch risers and is a pillow top with an additional matress topper so it is really up there. I have to climb to get up on it. Not so easy when I was pregnant ... hence all the sleeping on the couch and recliner.

Okay, back to work I go. I don't know what my problem is with this project. I've been working on it for a week now. I just can't stay focused. It's a three-story 6,000 square foot home so it is a bit intimidating. I'm finally making some progress now though. I think I also have too much on my mind to really focus like I need to. My mind is racing about all the things I have to do in the next week. In my usual Celena-takes-on-too-much fashion I have scheduled myself silly. We are having our 3rd annual Day-Before-Turkey-Day party where I will be making chili for approximately 30 -40 people. How I am going to do this I have yet to figure out. Anyone have a really, reaLLY, reALLY, rEALLY, REALLY big pot I can borrow? Then we have a smaller group coming over again the next day for our actually Thanksgiving dinner. Frankie is frying a turkey for me this year so that helps A LOT. I'm really excited about that. Now I can focus on all of my casseroles. Then two days after that I have a craft booth at the Festival of Lights in downtown Lake City. Know how much I have left to do for that? Nevermind ... I don't want to talk about it. Okay ... back to work for real now.

No comments:

Post a Comment