Wednesday, January 10, 2007

My Socks


Here is a picture of my very first pair of hand knit socks. Last year my knitting goal was to learn to knit socks. Mark that one off the list! My knitting goal for this year is to get a knitting guild/group/meeting or whatever you want to call it started here in Lake City. There are just some things I don't want to have to drive all the way to Gainesville for and I figure if it doesn't already exist then i'm just gonna have to start it myself. I've got a great cafe picked out for the meeting place. Now I just have to pick a day/time and get the word out. We have two quilt shops in town that would probably let me hang a flier. I'll probably hang one at the LYS in Gainesville too. (LYS is local yarn store for you non knitters)

2 comments:

  1. Have you checked out meetup.com? If not, you should take a look and see if there is anything set up in your town. If there isn't one already, you can set it up through that site and get a group together. Good luck!!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, those socks are adorable! I tried learning to knit a couple years ago and still have about 1/2" of a scarf on the needles. I need a refresher.

    ReplyDelete