Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Amendment 2

I try to avoid politics on the blog other than a little button of support or so but there is something I feel I really need to say ...

They call it the "marriage protection" amendment. Really??? Sounds like the "make discrimination legal" amendment to me. Gay marriage is already illegal in Florida. Why in the world did we need to add it to our state constitution as well??? How in the world have we come to a place where we can elect the first bi-racial president (and he is just that, not black ... he is both black and white ... somehow people seem to have lost that) yet we also vote to make discrimination legal and put it in our constitution? I'm so confused here. What does it matter to you if a gay couple wants to share in the same rights we straight couples share? Does this really affect your life at all? Do you think this is going to stop people from being gay? Who are we to tell them that the person they love and share their life with can't be listed as immediate family to be able to see them in the hospital should something bad happen? And the amendment couldn't stop at defining marriage as being between one man and one woman ... no it had to go and say something to the effect of no other legal union being given the same rights as a marriage. I'm honestly more upset about this than I am about McCain losing the election.

And that's all I'm going to say about that ...

Well maybe one other little thing ...

PALIN 2012!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment