Tuesday, March 03, 2009

And Now for Some Good News ...

We had a couple of anniversaries last month that I never posted about ...

February 12th marked the one year anniversary of Crews Engineering Services, LLC. I'm happy to report that our first year in business was a very successful one and the second year is shaping up to be even better. Not too shabby for a down economy, huh? In honor of our first anniversary I finally took some time to spruce up our website a little bit. I still have some work to do on our portfolio (now that we have one) and hope to finish that up tomorrow. I think the website looks much better now. I can't believe how long I left the old one up. It was done in haste, as were a lot of things this time last year but looking at it before I changed it today I was almost embarrased. Oh well ... it's better now and will be even better tomorrow, hopefully. :)

February 22nd was our 6th wedding anniversary. I really don't know where the time goes! We celebrated by going to a Sister Hazel concert a few days before that was amazing, as usual. They never dissapoint! It was a small venue (Freebird Live) and we were right up by the stage, about ten feet from the band. We even got to meet Ken Block (the lead singer) after the concert. He signed our CDs and I got to tell him the story about how I saw him and Drew play on the patio at TGI Friday's back in '94 when they put out their first album and have been a fan ever since. :)

Coming up next month, April 22nd, will be our ten year anniversary together. That's almost an entire third of my lifetime. I guess that whole grow up, get married and have kids thing really does happen. Things certainly have changed in those ten years too. I wish I could say I still felt that like care-free outgoing college co-ed Brett swept off her feet but the years have definitely taken their toll. I keep reminding myself that I'm only as old as I feel. Actions speak louder than words though, as they say (whoever "they" are) so I'm finally taking some action on my own behalf. I haven't wanted to post about it for fear of jinxing myself but I feel i've made enough progress that I'm out of the woods, so to speak. I had a sit down with myself at the turn of this year and decided that this was going to be the year that I got myself straightened out. Not saying I was unhappy but I wasn't happy either and it was all because of me, not because of anything else in my life but in the way I was reacting (or not reacting) to my life. I'm happy to say that I now:
  • have and keep routines so my house is cleaner and we are all less stressed because of it
    (thank you FlyLady, and Karena for telling me about FlyLady)
  • actually make a weekly menu so I don't have to think about what's for dinner after the end of a work day and we are eating healthier because of it and also spending less on groceries
  • am finally losing the baby weight i've carried around since Brody was born almost three years ago (down 15 pounds since November, slow and steady)
  • am doing a little something for myself every day, even if it's just 15 minutes of knitting or reading
  • am finally really learning to play the piano! (than you "the piano guy")
  • smile a whole lot more :)
And speaking of the weekly menu ... I'm off to cook dinner. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment