Wednesday, March 29, 2006

About Dogs

I got an email a few days ago that I just had to share with the rest of you. This is probably my favorite doggy email of all time. It so describes our house ... I was laughing so hard by the time I got to the end of this. Enjoy ...


IF I DIDN'T HAVE ANIMALS …
I could walk around the yard barefoot in safety.
My house could be carpeted instead of tiled and laminated.
All flat surfaces, clothing, furniture, and cars would be free of hair.
When the doorbell rings, it wouldn't sound like the kennels.
When the doorbell rings, I could get to the door without wading through fuzzy bodies who beat me there.
I could sit on the couch the way I wanted, without taking into consideration how much space several fur bodies would need to get comfortable.
I would not have strange presents under my Christmas tree -- dog bones, stuffed animals, smelly stuff, nor would I have to answer to people as to why I wrap them.
I would not be on a first-name basis with three veterinarians and the emergency room.
The most used words in my vocabulary would not be: NO! STOP! out, sit, OFF!, down, come, NO, OFF!!!, stay, leave him/her/it ALONE, NO!!, and OFF!!!!
My house would not be cordoned off into zones with baby gates or barriers.
My pockets would not contain things like poop bags, smelly treats and a clicker.
I would no longer have to spell the words B-A-L-L-, F-R-I-S-B-E-E, or W-A-L-K.
I would not have as many leaves INSIDE my house as outside.
I would not look strangely at people who think having ONE dog ties them down too much.
I would no longer have to sweep out my bed every night to remove the 2 pounds of sand.
I'd look forward to spring and the sweet smell of rain, instead of dreading mud season.
I would not have to answer the question "Why do you have so many dogs/animals?" from people who will never have the joy in their lives of knowing they are loved unconditionally by something as close to an angel as they will ever get.
How empty my life would be!

No comments:

Post a Comment