Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Thanks!

Just wanted to say thanks for all the positive feedback I got yesterday after I started this blog. I'm glad so many of you are excited about it as well.

Well I had a checkup with my midwife today. I'm 30-1/2 weeks pregnant and everything is still sailing along smoothly. I'm trying to spend more time practicing hypnobirthing techniques but it's not going all that well so far. It's hard to find time to practice relaxation and visualization techniques with Houston running around. He's going through a new phase lately of being very attached to me and wanting me to carry him around the house ... which is getting a little bit difficult with my belly the size that it is already. I usually find time at night after Houston has gone to bed but then since i'm so tired it turns into me practicing my sleeping technique rather than relaxation! I've read amazing accounts of women not feeling any pain during labor by using hypnobirthing. While i'm not completely convinced that it is possible to not feel pain while having a child naturally, i'm definitely interested in whatever relief it can give. I remember thinking, after having Houston, that childbirth was way more painful than I thought it was going to be. (Probably due to denial on my part.) I thought I would be nervous this time because I know what i'm in for ... but the truth is that i'm actually looking forward to it in some really strange way. Crazy, huh!?!? I'm definitely looking forward to having a home birth. The thing I remember most about going into active labor with Houston is that I did not want to leave the house. Brett pretty much had to carry me to the car because I refused to get off the couch! And intense labor contractions in a car for 45 minutes on the way to Gainesville was not fun at all. (although i'm pretty sure Brett turned the 45 minute drive into a much shorter drive that night) This time I can be comfortable in my own home while my midwife makes the drive from Gainesville to Lake City!

One more thing ... for those of you expecting or expecting to be expecting ... i've created something really cool. I made a belly butter out of 100% natural cocoa butter and organic extra virgin olive oil .... and it smells like chocolate! Let me know if anyone is interested. I would love to be able to sell it somewhere. I'll have to work on that one. It might just turn into a gift I give all the pregnant women I know ... along with all the onsies and tote bags i've been tie-dying. I'm starting to run out of room to store all the stuff!

~C

1 comment:

  1. Okay, not being a seriously big "belly butter" kind of guy, although I could probably stand some anyway, I'll pass on that! But I just want to let you know that I'm stoked to have a way to finally, hopefully, keep in touch with you!

    ReplyDelete