Monday, May 22, 2006

Happy Birthday Mowgli!!!

Today, May 22nd, is Mowgli's 9th birthday. I can hardly believe it's been that long since my college roommate and I drove to Old Town to pick out this tiny four-week-old Beagle Basset puppy. She's been through lots of ups and downs with me, lots of college parties, and lots of moving around after college. She has truly been a loyal companion and has always been very protective of me. And God bless her for putting up with Houston and never biting him. Honestly, sometimes I feel like biting him and for a dog her age to put up with him is really great. She barks and growls and warns him but never snaps. She had an electric toothbrush hit her square between the eyes today and even got kicked a few times as Houston is going through his "mama pay more attention to me" phase but she never struck back. Mowgli, Marz, Tiki and Tater all had a steak and zuchini for dinner tonight in celebration of Mowgli's 9th birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment