Wednesday, May 10, 2006

It's been a while ...

I haven't written in a while. Houston and I have been passing a cold back and forth for over two weeks now. It got me good this week. I've been trying to take it easy and sleep it off this week. Hard to do with Houston running around but i've been making a good effort.
My due date is quickly approaching. I've got all my home-birthing supplies ready and I've finished all the projects that I wanted to finish before the baby is born so i'm ready whenever he or she is. I've just got to shake this cold first. My midwife says i'm very unlikely to go into labor while i'm sick. Guess your body knows when you're not strong enough to handle it. I feel better today than I did yesterday so at least i'm moving in the right direction. I'm finding it very difficult to make myself rest while i've got all this nesting energy. I've been tired for so long and when I finally get my energy back I get sick ... figures doesn't it?!?!
I'm going to post some more recent pictures of Houston. We stopped by a friends house on sunday and they had two, two-day-old, bottle-fed donkeys. They were sooooo cute. Houston is used to chasing the dogs and having them run away from him. Well these donkeys were following him around and he wasn't too sure about them. It was really funny. I wish I had my video camera but at least I had the still camera with me.
Okay ... time for me to go back to the heating pad. My back can't take much of me sitting in this chair. Hopefully i'll be able to write more soon. I've got a few finished sewing and knitting projects I want to post. Until next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment