Sunday, June 11, 2006

Brody Forrest Crews

He is finally here! Brody Forrest Crews was born Friday, June 9th at 2:10 pm weighing in at an even 12 pounds .... yes, I said 12 pounds. He and I are both doing great. My midwives were both wonderful and once again, Brett was awesome. This was a very tough labor and birth for me as Brody was turned the wrong way and seemed to be stuck on my pelvis for a while. This caused continuous pain for me with no relief between contractions. After pushing for what felt like forever and trying every position in the book, I was finally able to push him into the birth canal. In the end it was a great home birth and by not being at the hospital, I avoided a c-section. There is no way I would have been able to do what I needed to do to get him out if I were in the hospital, especially not without my midwives, Jessica and Lynne.

2 comments:

  1. wow! what a 12lb cutie! houston looks so proud!

    can't wait to meet the "lil" guy. your one amazing woman :)
    heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Celena! Wow...your boys are soooo cute. I`m a bit partial to Brody though...he was born on my birthday :) Have a great day!
    Angela Tambone(Wheeler)

    ReplyDelete