Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Some Ramblings..

Brody had his 4 month checkup yesterday. He weighs 17 pounds (90th percentile) and is 26 inches long (85th percentile). He is still a big boy, obviously, but he has leveled off a little bit. This is the first time he has fit on their growth charts. He's been in the greater than 95th percentile in everything up until now. He is wearing 12 month and some 9 month clothes. He's gotten really good at grabbing for things. Houston and I were eating lunch at the park last friday and Brody grabbed a potato wedge right out of my hand and stuck it in his mouth! He is definitely ready to eat but his doc says to wait until he is 6 months old. It's funny how things change so quickly. When Houston was a baby the American Acadamy of Pediatrics (AAP) suggested starting solids at 4 months. Now they say wait until 6 months because they will be less likely to be obese later in life. Houston never showed interest in food until he was about 6 months old. Brody has been showing interest since he was about 3 months old.

I finally cut Houstons long hair yesterday. I was trying to keep the curls in the back without him having a mullet. I finally gave it up and cut it all short. He looks so cute. I think it makes him look older. I'll post a picture once I find the camera. Let me tell you though ... cutting a two-year-olds hair is quite the challenge. I ended up sitting him in front of some cartoons and feeding him chocolate to get him to stay still enough. I still ended up chasing him around the house several times. What an ordeal! It turned out pretty good all things considered. It's hard enought to cut hair when you're not a hair dresser and then when your subject is moving all over the place it is really a challenge!

So that's what's up with the boys. As for me, i'm fighting some infections in my teeth. No cavaties but my teeth are killing me. I had a root canal last thursday and now another tooth needs one. I'm trying to cure it homeopathically right now. I'm sitting here wondering why I paid a dentist $1800 (ouch!) to do a root canal on a tooth with no cavaty. Why didn't we try antibiotics first if it's just infected from the inside? I was caught off guard by the no cavaty thing. I was sure I had a bad cavaty that needed a root canal. The whole left side of my face was throbbing. Thing is, $1800 later and a temporary crown and the left side of my face is still throbbing. It hurts to touch my cheek. Now it's the tooth in front of the one with the crown. Ugh! Anyone now of any natural things to try? I found some homeopathy websites that listed some remedies to try. I'm trying the first one now but I think it's time to move on to the next one on the list. I'm also trying some natural antibiotics: colloidal silver, garlic and grapefruit seed extract. I'm really hoping I can cure this naturally and not have to take any antibiotics since i'm nursing and tend to be allergic to most antibiotics. Fun stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment