Monday, February 18, 2008

Ugh!

Well as if the dog bite and trip to the ER were not enough, I woke up this morning having an allergic reaction to the antibiotic they have me taking to prevent infection. I'm hoping the swelling in my hands goes down soon so that I do not have to have my wedding rings cut off. My hands and wrists and red and swollen. So that's one more antibiotic I can add to the list of the ones i'm allergic to. Fun stuff ya'll, fun stuff!

My face actually looks better than I expected it to. The bandage seems to be holding things together well so they can heal. I think the worst part is how sore my arm is from the tetanus shot. It feels like somebody punched me really hard. My chin and lip are a little sore but not too bad. It's hard to eat so it looks like i'll be on a mostly liquid diet while this heals. I tried to eat a salad last night and it didn't go so well. I made it through about a third of it before I gave up. I actually woke up yesterday before all this happened with some serious pain in my stomach. It went away with all the drugs they gave me at the ER but it is back today. Apparently feels like an ulcer or hernia from what i've been told. With all the stress and anger i've held over the past week I wouldn't be surprised. I'm definitely taking it as a sign to let it all go and get back to focusing on the positive. It hurts to be done so wrong by someone you really looked up to and cared about. I'm just going to have to let that part of things go and focus on the lessons learned from the whole situation. I've been thinking about that a lot over the past few days. Probably a blog post coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment