Wednesday, February 27, 2008

What? Huh? It's Wednesday?!?!?!

I don't have any idea what happened to the last several days. They are all a blur of flu yuckiness. I honestly don't think I have ever been so sick in my life. I managed to get off the couch for a few hours yesterday but didn't really do too much. Our power was out for a while in the afternoon due to the "Florida Blackout" that happened. I remember that but not much else.
I'm starting to feel among the living again ... slightly ... but don't have any energy. And then last night Houston got it ... he had a 106.4 degree fever! Holy crap! I almost had a panic attack when I read the thermometer. I called the after hours place and they talked me through what to do and said that high of a fever has been very common with this flu bug going around and that it was just his body fighting the virus and not to panic. She was very calming and reassuring. She said to alternate children's tylenol and children's motrin every four hours throughout the night. He's doing much better this morning and is actually up playing, surprisingly enough. I called his regular doctor this morning to get the tamiflu and the nurse said they've never seen so many people sick all at the same time in the 25 years she's been in the business.

And the fun continues ....

2 comments:

  1. It was good to see you last night, sweetie! You know I would have given you a big ol' hug if you weren't feeling so bad, right? So here is a HUGE VIRTUAL HUG to make up for it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you guys have been dealing with the flu. I had it two weeks ago and can honestly say I don't think I've ever been that sick. Ugh. I still have a lingering cough that just won't go away. Hope you are all feeling 100% soon.

    ReplyDelete