Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Boys Room Phase 1: The Floor


Our latest project has been a major overhaul on the boys bedroom. This is something I've wanted to do for quite some time now but we didn't have the envelope for it yet. Thanks to Christmas gifts from Papa & Nana and Grandma Hearne we were finally able to fill that envelope. Phase 1 was to remove the carpet and put down vinyl flooring. I really wish I had taken pictures before we moved all the toys and clothes and dresser out but oh well. You really can't even tell how icky this carpet is in these pictures. It somehow looks cleaner than it ever has in person. We're not sure what the deal is with this carpet. It was supposedly an "upgrade". Yeah right! I've never had a carpet hold dirt and yuckiness like this stuff. Our carpet in Texas had three muddy dogs run on it more often than we would have liked but I was always able to clean it up in a jiffy. This stuff leaves much to be desired. So far we have removed it from our bedroom, the living room and now the boys room. The only room left with carpet in the entire house is my craft room ... and that's just gonna have to stay that way for a while.


The carpet is almost gone.


We laid the vinyl outside and made some initial cuts for the closet and trimmed everything down to make it easier to work with once we got it inside.


Our little helpers.



And here it is! I took these pictures before we put the floor trim on but you get the idea.

All this went down the same weekend as the rooster attack and my broken toe so I got a little distracted about posting this. We actually finished Phase 2 yesterday. I'll post about that sometime soon. It involves "the wall of shelves" and I'm very excited about it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment