Thursday, February 05, 2009

Something Wonderful to Share

The president of ChemoClothes sent me an email today. I'm so glad he did because I'm very excited about his new charity. I think he has an absolutely wonderful idea and I want to tell the world about it. You can read all about it at ChemoClothes.

From ChemoClothes.com:

Here is our first BIG project! We are going to make the world's longest scarf!! How long is the world's longest scarf might you ask? 200 feet? 500 feet? Try 33 Miles! 2000 people from Wales were able to piece together a scarf for another great cause... but with your help we can bring the record to the States!

We are asking that you make your donations 6 inches wide, but other than that, there basically no restrictions... it can be any color, any stitch, any style, and any type of yarn. We'll piece together all your donations so you can be a part of history. After our goal is reached we will make the scarf into personal scarves people can wear and we'll open it to the public to buy them. All proceeds will go to charity of course.


I'm going to do my part and see what I can come up with. Anyone care to join me? I'm also going to knit some hats and scarves to donate to the shop they are working on. You can read about it here: Request for Handmade Items

I've emailed ChemoClothes to see when they plan to open the shop to sell the handmade items. I will use it to base my deadline on. I would love to send them a huge box of handmade items. Let me know if you want to join in.

No comments:

Post a Comment