Monday, September 25, 2006

A Bad Day

So Brody and I went to Gainesville to run some errands on saturday. Something we do often so shouldn't be a big deal right? Wrong! The jimmy broke down on me on the interstate right outside of Gainesville on our way home. I was driving and it just turned off and wouldn't start again. Bad thing was that I couldn't get in touch with anyone to come get me. It took me half and hour to find someone that was home that could come get me. I had just talked to Brett too about five minutes before the car died. Apparently his phone was on vibrate and he didn't hear me calling back. NOT a good place to be stuck with a baby let me tell you! I was so scared some creepy person was going to stop that I tried to make it look like nobody was in the car. I didn't want anyone I didn't know to stop. All I could think of was the girl who was recently murdered when her car ran out of gas on the interstate. In the end it all turned out okay. We were rescued and Brett and his dad and brother took a trailer down there and got the Jimmy. It is 12 years old and has 160k miles on it so i'm not exactly surprised. And now we're looking at getting the Jimmy fixed and selling it and the car and getting a new vehicle. We looked around on the internet last night and we both really like the Honda Pilot. It has a folding third row seat so it can seat up to 8 people or you can have cargo room. Pretty cool. It also won a bunch of awards and was named the best car for a family for several years. Anyone have any good or bad stories about this vehicle? We're also considering the Toyota Highlander. It also has the folding third row seat thing.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Celena - That is always my worst fear. I was driving to Alabama when Ryan was 2 months old and almost ran out of gas on a deserted 2 lane road. I was never so happy in my life than when I saw that Chevron sign peek over the top of the hill!

    Anyway, I don't have much experience with the Highlander or Pilot, but we test drove them both when we were looking for a new car. We ended up with a Nissan Pathfinder. It has the folding 3rd row and lots of room...just in case you were interested in that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celena, how wired, I emailed you and mentioned the PILOT before I saw your blog. JOY

    ReplyDelete