Friday, September 22, 2006

A nice day

It was so nice out today. That crisp feeling in the air that says fall is coming. I don't know about you but i'm ready for some cooler weather. Being pregnant and then toting around a twelve pound newborn while it's 98 degrees outside with 95% humidity is just not fun. It was so nice today I decided to take Houston to the park. He has been so funny lately. Everything is a game. I wish we could all slow down once in a while and look at life through the eyes of a toddler. Today at the park he was on this big hanging bridge thing and about halfway across stopped, looked down and said "ant" and then took his sandal off and began smashing the ants with it. I don't know why but it was so cute. Definitely something he's seen us do when there's a bug in the house. It was nice to be outside getting some fresh air without sweating the whole time. And I think Brody enjoyed watching Houston run around. He loves to watch his big brother. Speaking of Brody, he is just the most content little man ever. I leave him with Brett several times a week now and I don't think he misses me or the boob. He just chills with daddy. I started tutoring a high school student in precalculus today and Brody just hung out the whole time, laying on the living room floor. Both of the boys were very good. This is the first time i've tutored since Brody was born and I wasn't sure how it was going to go. There's no way I could have done that when Houston was three months old because he was permanently attached to my boob, or so it seemed to me.
I'm pretty sure Brody is teething. He keeps chewing on his fingers, playing with his ears and has been drooling like an open faucet for the past several days. I've noticed that he watches me eat now too. That's supposed to be a sign that they are ready for solid food. I think he may start a bit earlier than Houston did. We'll see. I'm not ready to cross that bridge yet and he is only three months old anyway. He is so big though. I know I say it all the time but I just can't get over it. His 9 month size clothes are getting snug. Craziness! Oh yeah, and he laughed for the first time today. That was the cutest darn thing i've ever seen him do. It just melted my heart right there. I hope I can get it on video soon.
We finished the bunk beds tonight. They now have two coats of polyurethane on them and I have a headache. Man that stuff stinks! Frankie is buying us matresses tomorrow so by tomorrow night the bunk beds will be in business!

No comments:

Post a Comment