Sunday, September 17, 2006

Late night ramblings...

i find myself at the end of yet another weekend. another week gone by and still my list of things to do is long. i never get as much done in a day as i plan too. of course watching football on tv and sleeping late is not helping me any. i always have so many things i want to do ... if only i had time for it all. i really wish i had more time to knit. i have so many ideas spinning through my head every day of things i want to make. a few of them i get to but many just get written down as a project for another day. maybe i can pull them out when the boys are in school and i find myself looking for something to occupy my time .... yeah, like that will ever happen. i always say "someone who is able to get bored needs a hobby". hobbies i have ... and many, many at that. i've really been into working out latley. i've gone through periods in my life where i have been a bit of a gym rat and then i've gone through periods where i haven't walked into a gym for close to a year. after i had houston the weight just melted right off without me doing a thing. this time, however, i am not so lucky. i noticed my weight hit a certain point and then just stayed there for the last couple of months. so now i am doing something about it. i started going to the gym again about three weeks ago. my yoga class starts back up this week too. i'm really looking forward to that. i love yoga. i've revived my interest in bellydance this week too. hearing about a good friend of mine who has gotten into it has made me miss it even more. i may not be able to take lessons or be in shows like i used to but there is nothing to stop me from putting on some tunes and getting those hips moving again like they used too. and Houston loves to dance too. and then there are the videos ... have you seen my collection? they can definitely keep me busy. now if i could only find the time ...
i just finished polyurethaning the bunk beds tonight. one more coat (hopefully tomorrow) and they will be done ... finally! they do look good though. definitely worth the work. and i also finally did some modifying of the stuff i painted on the boys bedroom walls. when i "thought" i was having a girl, i painted the walls with trees, clouds, a sun, some animals and some bugs flying around. i made most of it pretty neutral "just in case" but i painted the bugs (butterfly, dragonfly, bee, ladybug) in pinks and purples. now, over two years later, i finally modified the bugs. we now have blue, green and yellow bugs and even a dragonfly with camoflauge wings.
well now that it is 1 am, i better get to bed. there goes another day of not crossing enough things off my list. better get some sleep so i have energy to start all over again tomorrow. monday is a gym day for me so i've got to have my energy up. i really appreciate my time at the gym much more now that i can't just go whenever i want to. and having to schedule it in advance like this also makes is easier for me to stick with it. i can't put it off because i won't get to go until another one of our scheduled days. makes me realize how much i took it for granted that i could just get up and go to the gym whenever i wanted to for so many years. a few more months and brody will be old enough to stay in the nursery and hopefully houston will be old enough to be okay with it by then. the last time i tried to leave him in the nursery (probably about eight months ago) he got so upset they had to page me to go get him! i'm hoping he will be more comfortable being in there with his brother. we'll see ... for now i will enjoy my monday and wednesday evenings at the gym after brett gets home from work. it's been good for us all around. i get some gym time and get to leave the house without little boys and diaper bags attached and brett gets some good quality bonding time with the boys. i enjoyed it so much this week that i went on saturday as well and left the boys watching some college football with brett. hopefully i stay this motivated!

No comments:

Post a Comment