Monday, December 17, 2007

The Times They Are A Changin'

For the past four years (almost to the day), I have been either pregnant, nursing a baby, or both. As of last week, unless something unexpected occurs, that phase of my life is over. (And by unexpected I mean the obvious as well as me changing my mind. A woman always has the right to change her mind.)

I've thought about this a lot this past week. In some ways I'm very happy and excited about this new phase ... and in some ways it also makes me very sad. I really enjoyed nursing my boys. There's nothing in life that compares to the bond of a mother and her nursing baby.

I'm a survivor though so I shall chug along accepting the change and will embrace the new phase I find myself in. My life is completely fulfilled with my boys and hubby and new job and I don't feel there's anything at all missing. I'm totally okay with never having another child. (Sometimes I feel like there's not enough of me to go around as it it.) And all those people who told me I would miss being pregnant .... not sure what they were thinking because I can promise you that I have not for a minute missed being pregnant.

And speaking of new phases, Brody also slept in his bedroom for the first time last night. All night long too! I actually had to go wake him up around eight. (we got a late start this morning) Brett and I actually had the bed all to ourselves ... well except for two or three dogs. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment