Thursday, October 02, 2008

Absentee Blogging

You'll have to excuse the lack of blog posts of substance lately. Truth be told, I've had so much on my mind that I haven't been able to let any of it out. I keep thinking "maybe tomorrow i'll feel different and will be able to write about one of these things". Then tomorrow comes and nothing changes. I've tried to post a few times and each time all that comes out is negative babble intelligible, most likely, only to me.

There are crappy people in the world ... quite a few of them apparently. From low-life crooks who smash in car windows to greedy ones who wear expensive suits and have managed to really screw things up for the rest of us in ways we still do not understand. So what do we do? As for me, I listen to Dave Ramsey every day because he has a way of calming me. I'm rereading his books to keep motivated to live by his principles and remember that as he says "what happens in your house is more important than what happens in the white house". I knit and spin whenever I get a spare second because it calms my mind. I hug and kiss my boys each day and try to teach them to live a good life, to respect the earth and be good to people. I make time to sit and play with them each day because these really are the things that matter in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment