Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Yarn Harlot

Last Thursday a friend and I went to see Stephanie Pearl-McPhee aka the Yarn Harlot speak in Jacksonville. We met up with several other knitter friends from Gainesville and Hanks. It was awesome! I honestly have not laughed that much in years. She is so freakin' funny and smart. I wish I could relay some of the things she said but I am nowhere near the story teller she is so I will not even attempt it. There was some very interesting research she shared with us about knitting and brain regeneration and stress relief. There was aslo a really funny story involving coffee and another one involving a skunk. I guess you just had to be there. When I got up to the table to get my book signed I asked her if I could take a picture of her holding my sock. She went to grab it and realized it was a monkey sock and made me say "will you touch my monkey" before she would touch it. Cracked me up! :)



The shop that hosted the event, KnitWitz, gave away a ton of goodies before Stephanie started her talk. I never win anything but this time I did! I won a gorgeous skein of Mohair in colors that I totally love. Now I just have to figure out what to knit with it.



It was a great night with some much-needed friend time filled with humor and knitting ... two of my favorite things. :)







Lorena and Sharon aka "The Hanks Ladies" ... this picture was just too darn cute not to steal from Lorena to post here. :)



Me and Glimm ... one of us trying not to smile at the camera but I can totally see it sneaking through. :)


(ETA Links)
Here are a couple more links regarding the Yarn Harlot's trip to Jax:
Article in the Florida Times-Union
Yarntender

No comments:

Post a Comment