Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Monkey Socks

Anyone remember those toe-up monkeys I started way back in March? Probably not the best idea to start a new project using a new method (toe-up) where I have to constantly refer to the instructions (lace pattern) while hubby and I are also starting our engineering firm. They were destined for the UFO pile from the start. Well I'm happy to say I've finally picked them back up and am cruising right along. I've turned the heel on both and now all I have to knit is the leg and cuff. I am just delighted to no end at the heel/gusset on these socks. No gusset stitches to pick up! Yippeee! I just might have to make all of my socks this way from now on as the gusset is what I usually end up having to do over several times and seriously stretches out the time it takes me to make socks.





In other knitting news, I started a twice a month craft group here in Lake City and we had our first meeting this past Sunday. There were five of us there, all knitters, and it was great. Everyone was really nice and it was fabulous to actually be sitting in Lake City of all places knitting with a group of crafty ladies. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment