Tuesday, March 13, 2007

My Trip, My Life

Last night I met up with my friend Andy around 7pm at Perkins. Andy's wife was nice enough to keep the kids and let me borrow Andy for the evening and my mom was nice enough to keep my boys for me. Back in high school we used to go to Denny's and sit for hours and talk and talk and talk. Andy and I have been friends for a very long time. We sat next to eachother in 5th grade. I drove us to school during 11th and 12th grade. And now we have a blog together. We had a great conversation last night. I could hardly believe my eyes when I glanced at the clock as we were leaving and it was after midnight! It was a great evening with a great friend and I'm very thankful for it. It is so rare these days to get some uninterrupted time with a true friend. I wish I had someone take a picture of us but I completely forgot about it.

I went on a little trip down memory lane today and took some pictures to share. Houston spent the day with my mom at the pool and Brody and I drove around Bradenton and went thriftin' (thrift store shopping for those of you who aren't in the know). I still have a list of places I want to pass but I got a good start at it today.

Here's the Chili's I worked at the summer after my freshman year in college.

I drove by Bashaw Elementary School. I went here for 4th and 5th grade. I went to a private montessori school for K-3rd but entered the public school system when Bashaw opened it's doors in 1985. This is where I met Andy. I was part of the student body that got to choose the mascot for our new school. I'm pretty sure I voted for the Unicorns but we ended up being the Bashaw Bobcats.


This is the house that my grandparents (father's side) lived in when I was little, before the divorce and before my grandpa passed away. It is a shame to see how run down it is now. It used to be really nice.



And this is one of the big oak trees in the front yard that my cousin Erika and I used to climb in with our Uncle David.


I have more to share but it's late and I have a job I have to get finished and sent in. I'm kind of on vacation but not really. Unfortunately, I had to bring my work with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment