Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Help Finding Child Care

Okay my trusty readers ... I need some help. Here's the deal ... I need to go back to work, sort of. While I love staying home with my kids I also have to work too. So far i've been doing this the superwoman way. I stay home with my kids while my hubby works 50+ hours a week and then I work at night after everybody goes to sleep and then there's my crafty stuff and art class and all that. While I love everything I do, i'm just tired. I don't get enough sleep and it's wearing on me. Not only that but I miss out on family time with Brett and the boys. I miss out on being able to sit and knit leisurely while watching watching the boys play and enjoying some adult conversation with my hubby. Given that I have an engineering degree and my hubby works for an engineering firm, I have a great opportunity to have work dropped in my lap and to set my own schedule. While it's not rocket science and by no means nearly as exciting and interesting .... it does work that technical part of my brain that needs excercise, no matter how hard I try to make it go away. Not only that but it sure does help pay the bills. And if Brett is ever going to get rid of that old truck he drives, I have got to increase my income. That or sell my beloved Pathfinder and get a smaller economy car. I don't want to do that but it may come down to it if I can't figure something out. I could do in-home child care but I really don't want to do that if I can avoid it. I like to be able to get up and go somewhere when I want to. It's hard enough with my own two kids. And then there would still be the engineering work at night and the fact that I got an engineering degree partly so I wouldn't have to worry about money. Well I really got it because I wanted to work in the space industry, the money was just a bonus that I didn't really even think about until I was already halfway through my degree. But I digress ... obviously there is no space industry here in Lake City ... yet. There's plenty of room for a big facility and I will continue to hope that someday the End Timers aren't the only ones who think this is the "promise land". Until then I will use my AE degree to do Civil and Structural work. Hey ... it pays the bills and is actually somewhat interesting.

So here's what i'm looking for ... I would like to find someone I can trade child care with two days a week. For example, they watch my kids on monday and wednesday while I go to work and i'll watch thier kids on tuesday and thursday while they go to work, school, shopping, sit around watching soaps and eating bon-bons ... whatever they want to do. The great thing is that I set my own schedule so it can be any two days of the week, it doesn't really matter. And it can be later hours too like 10 - 6 or even 12 - 8. Or it can be only six hours instead of eight. All of that is flexible. So ... if you know anyone in Lake City that might be up for this .... please, please, please let me know. If I can't find someone to work something like this out with in a month or so then I might move to the next phase of finding someone I can pay to watch the boys two days a week. I would even be up for a daycare center if I could only pay for the two days a week instead of having to pay for the whole week. I'm trying to increase our income here, not decrease it. :) And while i'm pretty much guaranteed to make more money if I can free up some hours, it's contract work so i'm not paid hourly. If there's no work, I don't get paid.

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried posting on Craigslist or something similar? I'm not sure if any of these locales cover your area, but it might be worth a try: http://geo.craigslist.org/iso/us/fl

    ReplyDelete