Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Stacey M. Williams

There are some really messed up people in this world. I removed the links to the articles about my cousin's death because there are people who decided it would be a good idea to leave nasty comments to the articles. (not on this blog, but on the article websites) I wish the news organizations would not allow comments to be posted to articles like these. Our family is suffering enough as it is. I can't imagine how someone could decide to post such comments. I chose to instead, link to her obituary which highlights all the great things about Stacey. She was a beautiful person, both inside and out. She was extremely intelligent and very passionate about things that were important to her. The last months of her life were troubled and I truly believe that she would not have chosen to do this to her family if she were of sound mind, which she obviously was not. She was dealing with so much at the time of her death and the notes referred to in the articles as so definitely pointing to suicide were not so definite. In fact, there was only one note and it was very short and inconclusive at best. She was physically ill as well and we just don't know what happened.

I flew there last Thursday to be with my family. Stacey was laid to rest on Saturday and I flew back home on Sunday. It was an extremely difficult time yet felt so good to be with family. I could not do anything to remove the pain but was able to provide some comfort and support. It's times like these that make you realize just how important family is. Don't let life get in the way of visiting with and communicating with family. Life is just too short. We made a pact amongst us cousins that we will never go that long without seeing each other again.

2 comments:

  1. Nothing to say, really, dear... just hugs for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the postings on Stacey. I grew up down the block from the Williams in Wilton and played with Kevin, Carl, and Stacey as kids. Haven't spoken to them since that time. So I was totally unprepared for how shaken and saddened I was to learn of her passing. I remember her as a beautiful, bright,complex girl and regret not knowing her in adulthood. Sounds like she worked for good causes despite some difficulties. Thanks again for sharing what you know. (I found your blog through a google search.)
    My deepest condolences to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete