Friday, July 11, 2008

Gifts Galore!

Birthday gifts tend to dwindle a bit as we age but I really racked it up this time around. I got a yogurt maker from Papa & Miss Nancy and a food dehydrator from Dad R. I've already made some yummy yogurt and have pretty much eaten it all already. I can tell I'm going to have fun with that. For my first round I added honey and vanilla extract. I really liked it but Brett and the boys thought it was too plain. I mixed in some strawberry preserves and they loved it. Next round is probably going to include some blueberries I have in the freezer from our trip to the u-pick blueberry farm. And I've set aside some tomatoes I picked from the earth boxes this week to turn into sun-dried tomatoes with the food dehydrator.

Getting two kitchen gadgets that I've had my eye on was plenty enough but I also got a pretty good chunk of cash to get my spinning wheel fund started, thanks to my mom and Dad R. YIPPEE!!! My wonderful spinning teacher Ginger, from Hanks, is helping me find a used wheel to purchase. She also invited me to come to the shop when she's there and spin on one of the class wheels which I plan to do as soon as I can schedule it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment