Tuesday, July 01, 2008

LOOK ... It's a Finished Knit!

I can't believe I actually managed to finish a knitting project within the given deadline. That doesn't happen very often these days. My "Socks for Seeley" are done and now all I have to do is write the note to accompany them and send them off to Erin who is so graciously putting the package together and sending it off to David Boreanaz aka FBI Agent Seeley Booth on the Fox show Bones. The knitting was the easy part. I accomplished my goal of knitting some "crazy socks" as his character is fond of. Now what do I say? "Hi. You don't know me but I knit you some crazy socks. Hope they fit. Please wear them on the show if at all possible." Um, yeah. Gonna have to work on that. I've never in my life sent anything to a "celebrity" and while i'm totally excited about sending the socks, the note is another issue. The other knitters in the Socks for Seeley group are cracking me up with all their wishes for the socks. This is going to be a really cool package. I just hope it doesn't creep him out. All we really want is to see our socks on the show since it is a bit of a theme with his character and hey ... we're knitters. And now there's some talk about knitting something for Emily aka Bones so she doesn't feel left out. She's apparently a vegan so we will have to be a little more creative since wool is out. I'm thinking a cotton or linen handbag if we actually decide to go ahead with the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment