Thursday, July 24, 2008

My Wheel!

I'm so excited! I just got the tracking info for my spinning wheel. It will be here on Tuesday. SQUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

And just for future reference, friends and family feel free to send me fiber for any birthday or holiday. ;) Raw fleece is great too. I just lllllloooooooooovvvvveeeeeee the smell of raw wool. Does this make me strange? Oh well ... who cares. :) I'm trying to talk Brett into letting me add an animal or two to our crew that produces fleece. (Short dog and cat hair and chicken feathers aren't so good for spinning.) So far all he has said is that I have to build the fence myself. At least it wasn't an outright no. :)

I've finally discovered how to have wonderfully peaceful uninterrupted time for myself. This week I have been going to bed early with the boys and then getting up a couple of hours before everyone else. Tuesday and Wednesday I spun yarn on my borrowed wheel (thanks Ginger!) for two hours before the rest of the house woke up. It was absolutely the best way ever to start a day. Today I actually got up and exercised before everyone else got up. Not quite as fun as spinning but still made me feel great. After the mood I was in for most of last week I decided I had to do something different. More on this later ... time for me to head to my oral surgeon checkup. Hopefully he will agree to change my anti-inflammatory. Anaprox and I are not getting along so well anymore. I'm hoping for ibuprofen as I know I can handle lots of that.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Celena, its your swap pal, Cary ;)

    Woo-hoo - a new wheel!!! And a Julia at that ;) Congratulations...by the way, I think spinning qualifies as exercise, don't you? hehehe

    Your roving and yarn dyeing are beautiful by the way...I hope I can come up with something that can inspire you, too ;)

    Look forward to getting to know you better and hearing more about your wheel ~ Cary at Serenity Farms

    ReplyDelete