Friday, April 04, 2008

Piano Update

So we went and looked at the Kimball piano on thursday. Turns out it is 34 years old, not 8. The girl is moving out of her parents house and they don't want the piano anymore and neither does she. Apparently her dad bought it for her when she was little and she didn't realize he had bought it used. No biggie though because it's still very nice. Needs a tuning (which they all will once we move it) and some keys adjusted and the key cover thingy fixed. Still a really good deal from my research and talking to a music store owner. Really all i'll need to do is have it tuned and have the keys adjusted and we'll be able to play it. Well actually we can play it as is but it does need a tuning and a few of the keys are sitting a little low. Talked to a piano tuner/repairman too. He thinks he can tune it and adjust the keys for about $100. So I asked her if she would sell the piano to me for $200 since it's not as new as she thought and because it needs a little repair work. She said she needs a couple of days to think about it and that she will get back to me. Soooo ... i'm keeping my fingers crossed because I really like it. It's simple yet pretty. Just what I was looking for. It was made in Chicago in 1974 by Kimball Piano Company. Kind of neat that it is just about the same age as I am. Here are some pics I took:







Some neat sites to share today:
Musicnotes.com
Piano World - has great forums including one for adults learning to play piano

I sold some more diaper covers so my piano fund is up to $148. I have some more things to post on diaperswappers and craigslist today so hopefully I'll be able to add more to that soon.

1 comment:

  1. You are really making me want to lug my piano back from WV with me this spring! I can't wait to see pics of you and the boys sitting at one of your very own.

    ReplyDelete