Friday, April 04, 2008

Wooooooooohooooooooooooooo!!!!

SHE SAID YES, SHE SAID YES ... i'm doing the happy dance!!!! :) The piano is ours for $200! I really thought she would come back and ask for $250 but she didn't. So all I need is $44 more and I have the $200 for the piano. Then I can work up the rest for the tuning and key adjustment.

Um ... so Aunt Karen ... by within $50 of my goal, are we talking the $300 goal or the $200 for the piano goal. Just wondering ... :)

Also, a couple months ago we bought a used refrigerator because ours broke (and had many more issues) and we were jobless (well okay not really, we were starting our own business but still had zero income at the time) so we bought a used one off a guy that fixes them up and sells them. Well unfortunately for us we ended up having to call a repair man not once but twice to fix the stuff the guy that sold it to us apparently "fixed" with the wrong parts. Well we called him and he said he would give us $50 towards the repairs. Well then we got the flu and then I started my rounds of going out of town for funerals and Brett never followed through on the $50. I asked him today if I got a hold of that guy and got the $50 if I could put it in the piano fund and he said "yes". Good thing too (hee hee) 'cause he obviously wasn't going to deal with it. So there's (hopefully) $50 more to add to the fund very soon.

I'm so excited I feel like a little kid at Christmas. I've always had very vivid dreams ever since I can remember. I'm talking full color, emotions, whatever. I wake up crying if i'm crying in my dreams. I've many times woken up and had it take me about ten minutes to realize that what happened in my dream was just that ... a dream and not real. I used to keep a dream journal but I gave that up a long time ago. Probably a good thing because they get pretty crazy sometimes. I have recurring dreams too. When I was a kid I had a recurring dream that I was falling off of a cliff. Happened probably a thousand times ... at least. In college that dream ended and I had a different recurring dream that escapes me at the moment. Well ever since we moved back from Texas I've been having this recurring dream of Brett and I having two apartments ... one we are moving to and one we are moving out of ... but we can never ever get all the stuff out. Everytime I go to pack up the closet in "my old bedroom" (which happens to look just like the bedroom I had for most of my childhood) I keep finding more and more things that I had when I was little. And I can never get it all packed up and I'm running out of time. Strange, huh? I know i'm seriously digressing here but i'll get back to the point. For the last six months or so I've been having dreams about playing the piano. And probably three out of the last four nights I have dreamt (is that a word?) of myself actually playing the piano. And I don't mean sitting there playing chopstix. I'm talking about really going to town on the thing and absolutely loving every second of it. Like I used to do with my viola. Music was such a big part of my life for so many years. I learned to play the viola 20 years ago ... I can't even believe it's been that long. Holy cow! But now I want to learn something else. And the piano it shall be! I found some free online lessons in video format too. :)

Speaking of learning to play the viola ... everybody wave to Angie. (Hi Angie) We met when we were 11 and learning to play the viola. We were really good friends for a long time. In fact, now would be a great time to post that picture of us from 8th grade prom. Hee hee. (look back at the post from 9/8/06 .. she's the red head standing next to me) We reconnected via myspace and she reads my blog. She's the one that recommended using craigslist to search for a piano and I shall be ever greatful ... b/c that's how I ended up with a piano for $200! Thanks Angie!

Okay I'm done rambling on now. Brett and the boys went to a friends house so I could get some more spring cleaning done so I better get back to it!

1 comment:

  1. Awww, I feel so honored to have been mentioned in the blog! I'm so glad you found a piano on craigslist! I have my second viola lesson tomorrow. It's so sad that I'm struggling with things I played well in 1992. Hooray for music, though!!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete