Wednesday, July 12, 2006

A Good Day

Brody had his one month check-up today. He weighs 14 lbs 1 oz and is 23 5/8 inches long. They said he is the size of the average four-month-old. They have these "charts" they use to graph babies growth at the pediatricians office and he is off the charts. The nurse just laughed and said "he still doesn't fit on my chart". I think the idea of everyone fitting on the same chart is kind of silly anyway. I guess we just grow 'em big! ;-) So after the doctors visit, which was my first trip out of lake city with both boys (ped is in G'ville), we headed to the mall. With Houston in the stroller and Brody in the sling we set out to do some shopping. I got to use a gift certificate I got for my birthday to buy myself some new clothes and some cash I got for my birthday to buy myself something else ... which I decided was going to be some new Reef flip flops. After our clothes shopping adventure in which Houston insisted on trying on women's clothes with me, we headed to the food court for some ice cream. But wait, mama has to potty so we head to the family restroom which has a big potty and a little potty. I asked Houston if he had to go and he said yes so we pulled down his shorts and diaper and lo and behold .... he sat down and went pee. Yipppeeeee!!!!! After some high fives and clapping and hand washing we headed out for the ice cream. I must say, Ben & Jerry really know what they are doing. I tried a new ice cream today that was awesome. It was like an Almond Joy but it was ice cream. It was coconut flavored ice cream with almonds and chunks of dark chocolate. Yummy! After the ice cream we headed to the play area in the mall where Houston and about 25 other little ones ran around like little maniacs for about forty-five minutes. Then this security officer comes and says there was a noise complaint so because one person complains of noise this guy thinks he can get 25 kids ages 1 to about 7 or 8 to stop yelling as they are chasing eachother around this "swamp" (it is G'ville) play area. Yeah right!!! Poor guy was just doing his job but I saw him get a pretty stern talking to by several of the moms he talked to. It was a bit crazy though. They have that place so the little ones have some place to blow off some steam so parents can do some more shopping. Would these people rather the children run and scream in the stores? I think not. I would really like to know who made the noise complaint but I know I never will. Oh well. I got a bit of a chuckle out of the situation. So after that Houston was starting to wear out anyway so we headed back to the car where he fell asleep in his carseat before I even left the parking lot. That was 4:30 this afternoon ... it is now 7:30 and he is still asleep ... which is why I have been able to sit here and type all of this for your amusement. He must have really worn himself out!

No comments:

Post a Comment