Sunday, July 30, 2006

I should be sanding ...

Yes, I should be sanding but Brody once again absolutely refuses to stay outside. I think he is just like me and loves the A/C and Houston is just like his dad and would rather be outside even though the heat index is about 110 degrees.

Brett had to go to Lowe's today to get a new board for the bunk bed since he goofed on some hole drilling. (read: i now have an extra board to sand) Well Houston had a fit because he wanted to go outside. Brody wanted to eat again and I wanted to take a shower and get dressed. Since i'm the mom what I want to do obviously goes to the bottom of the list. So here's how my day has gone down so far ... Houston is old enough to handle himself for a little bit even though he is extremely unhappy at the moment. Brody is not and since he is also screaming I pick him up so he can nurse and get happy. Brody gets his belly full but Houston is still bugging me to take him outside. So we go outside into the heat. About five minutes later Brody is once again fussing because it's hot and he is sweating. I can't seem to get him calmed down so I have to make Houston come back inside. Now Brody is happy because he is cooling off and Houston is once again having a breakdown because he wants to go back outside. So we sit inside for a few minutes to cool off and then we head back outside. We make it for about ten minutes this time and Brody has had enough. So back inside we go. Do you see a pattern here? All the while I am thinking "Brett better hurry up!" because this is getting really old. No matter what I do, one of the boys is letting me have it.
Brett made it back home so now Houston is outside with him running around doing what he does. Speaking of which, talk about entertainment ... we sometimes sit on the back porch and just watch him go out there. He is seriously out there doing some work! He turns on the hose and gives the dogs water, waters the plants and sprays anybody who walks by. Then he gets up on the mower, puts on the earmuffs and glasses and pretends to start the mower. Whatever he has seen somebody do, he is out there mimicking it. And he will go on for hours without stopping.
While all that is going on outside Brody is in the house with me enjoying the A/C and taking a nap on the couch. He is blissfully oblivious to the fact that there is a lot of work to be done out there. (must be nice) So I sit here relieving my stress by typing to the world my "ramblings from a ______ mama" as Brett is out there trying to set Brody up a spot in the shade with a fan blowing on him. I hope it works. I really wanted to have these bunk beds done by Christmas. Ha ha. (i've realized that one week was not a reasonable goal ... i'll now be happy if they are done by houston's birthday)
By the way, i'm trying to fill in the blank above with a good word. Once descriptive of me, my life at the present time, and my ramblings. I guess it could be any number of words if it works. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Okay, i'm off to see what Brett has come up with out there for Brody. Keep your fingers crossed for me. It seems that we have entered a weather pattern that includes a thunderstorm every day is it starts to cool down a bit ... which just so happens to be the time of day that Brody decides he will stay outside for a little while. Not getting much done on the bunk beds that way! I think i've managed to sand an average of three boards per day this past week. Not at all what I had planned but better than nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment