Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Project Bunk Bed update

I now have 13 boards fully sanded and ready to be drilled. The drilling is Brett's job. Once he drills the holes then I can stain the boards ... after I finish sanding all the other boards of course. I was really hoping to be able to assemble the bunk beds this weekend but that's looking less and less possible as the week goes on. Today I managed to fit in a trip to the grocery store along with getting the final sanding (fine grit) done on the 13 boards I sanded (coarse grit) over the weekend ... AND we all took a two-and-a-half hour nap! Before kids that would have been a pretty uneventful, even lazy day. With two little ones that's pretty impressive if I do say so myself!!! Tomorrow I am taking Houston to play with his friend Layla in Gainesville and I get to visit with her mom, my friend Joy. I probably will not get much done on the bunk beds because of our trip but that's okay because we both need some friend time and i'm looking forward to it.

1 comment: