Thursday, July 27, 2006

One more thing before I go to sleep

I have got the worst case of hiccups i've had in a very long, long time. What are hiccups anyway? How do you explain that one to the kids when they ask? Hmm ... something to think about ...
So I was sitting here purusing the web and reading some other mommy blogs (didn't know there was a term for that before tonight) and I had a bit of a "moment". You see, i've always secretly wanted to be a writer. I think up ideas for articles that I would like to write. Sometimes these things even make their way out of my head onto paper. I have a notebook where I write all my latest and greatest ideas ... thoughts, inventions, story lines, business ideas, crafts, etc. I like to take it out and look through it occasionally. It becomes an interesting journal-type-thing of where i've been and where I am in life. Most things stay right there on that paper and have yet to amount to anything. Some things i've gotten into a little bit. One of my great ideas was to start a dog bakery. While I have no operating dog bakery, I do occasionally turn my kitchen into one and I have actually sold a good number of bags of dog treats at a few craft fairs. Another thought of mine is that I would like to write articles that people would like to read. No specific topic to stick to except that they would be about things i'm passionate about or at least interested in. Maybe for a local newspaper or a magazine. Not your run-of-the-mill (where does that saying come from anyway) articles with facts and figures but something interesting. Something maybe a little zany at times. A bit witty or even comical at times. Kind of like Sarah Jessica Parker's character in Sex in the City ... but not quite ... after all this is Lake City, not New York City ... and let's face it, my dating days are long gone thank goodness. Well it dawned on me tonight that I guess I can put a little check by that page of my book of Celena's ideas. I started this blog as a way for me to express myself and reach out to the world a little bit and it seems to have taken hold. If you look at the hit counter at the bottom of the page you can see that this blog has been viewed over 1400 times in 5 months. While that's not going to put me at the top of Yahoo! or anything, it is pretty impressive to me. I'm writing and people are reading. Mission accomplished. Now if I could only work on the getting paid for it part ... hmmm.

4 comments:

  1. I guess I am a big nerd, but hiccups are a muscle spasm in your diaphragm. Angel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! No fair stealing my dreams! Just kidding! Keep it up! I'm right there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this blog, it's been my favorite thing to read at the end of an exhausting day!
    Rach

    ReplyDelete