Sunday, July 23, 2006

Project Bunk Bed

Well it's official ... "project bunk bed" has begun. I purchased a set of plans and the hardware kit from www.bunkbedsunlimited.com last week. Yesterday we went to Lowe's and bought the lumber. Today Brett cut all the boards and I began the long and tedious task of sanding everything down. What a chore! I hope to be finished sanding and staining by next weekend so we can start putting things together. It's going to take me quite a while to finish this since I have to keep stopping to feed a hungry baby, change a diaper (or two), or take something dangerous away from Houston (today it was an axe). Brody doesn't seem to want me to work on his new bed. This afternoon I resorted to holding him with one hand while holding the power sander with the other. Definitely not the ideal way to be going about things. Houston was actually very well behaved around the power tools today which was surprising due to the week we've had. Houston has been a handful and then some this week. Tuesday he climbed over the side of the tub and ended up sending his bottom tooth all the way through his chin. That same day he figured out how to take the gas cap off of my truck ... lucky for me I found the gas cap. Wednesday he found the heating element (to light charcoal) in the grill and took it to an outlet on the porch and started to plug it in just as I realized what he was doing. Lucky for all of us that I caught that. Would have been a very bad burn and possibly a burned down house. Friday he changed his brothers diaper all by himself .. well almost. Brody was on the couch in his cloth diaper and diaper cover and I was running around the house trying to get us all ready to go get dinner. Next thing I know I look at Brody and he is not wearing a diaper or a cover anymore. I found them in the diaper pail in the laundry room and when I went back to look at Brody, Houston had a new daiper that he was very persistantly trying to get folded up under Brody's rear the same way that I do it.
So back to the bunk beds ... I ended up outside sanding bunk bed boards until about 10:30 tonight. I was finally able to really get into it once Brody and Houston fell asleep. I'll be posting pictures of our progress with the bunk beds so you can all see how they are going.

No comments:

Post a Comment