Thursday, July 06, 2006

My 30th Birthday

Well it's official, my 20's have come and gone. I had a really great birthday. It started with hanging out watching cartoons with my boys and eating birthday cake for breakfast. Then Houston, Brody and I went and bought an mp3 player (thanks mom) that i've had my eye on for a while. Then Brett, Brody and I went out to dinner with several of my friends. There is nothing better than being surrounded by friends on your birthday. We went to Chopstix in Gainesville, which I would highly recommend if you live in the area. It was very yummy.
As I sit and reflect on turning 30 I find myself in a great place. I've accomplished many things that I always wanted to and then moved on to accomplish even more that I never could have dreamed of. I have a great husband and two wonderful little boys. And while I may not have the exciting job of working at NASA everyday anymore, my engineering degree has allowed me to make money from the comfort of my own home while raising my children. What a great thing that is!
It's amazing to look back and see what can happen in ten years. I can only imagine what the next ten will bring. Good things, I hope!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you're thirty...Crazy...Glad you went first! And you're totally right about that ten years thing. Who knows what the next ten hold? Just makes you wonder...

    ReplyDelete