Monday, April 30, 2007

Good Weekend

So i'm not completely over this mystery illness but I am much, much better. My throat and neck are still a teeny bit sore and I don't have my energy level back up to normal yet but it's getting there. Brett had a trade show to do for work on saturday so I packed the boys up early and we headed to Gainesville to hit some yard sales. I couldn't stand the thought of sitting here all day by myself with the boys again. (okay so if the boys are here then i'm not by myself but you know what i mean, right?) We had some long hard days last week and I really needed a change of scenery. We got some greasy bad-for-us fast food from McDonalds on our way down which I was reminded of for the rest of the day by the knot in my stomach and slight feeling of naseau. That was fun. :) Anyhow, we stopped by Yarnworks, the local yarn store in G'ville because they were having thier annual yard sale. I wasn't sure if I was going to make it or not but i'm really glad that I did. I ended up leaving with a huge bag of yarn for very, very cheap. And the best part of it all was the 15 or so mini-skeins of undyed 100% wool. Perfect for my trial runs of yarn dyeing. And then there was this .... well shoot I don't have a picture yet ... this very large hank of bulky weight yarn dyed in my very favorite blues, greens and purples. It's absolutely gorgeous and it's going to be a felted bag one day. After buying too much yarn we headed to a subdivision nearby that was having a community wide yard sale. It was awesome. Not because of all the stuff to buy but because the weather was beautiful and the neighborhood was gorgeous and we walked and walked and walked and probably hit about thirty yard sales. Houston was loving it. He has this sponge bob wallet and his dad gave him a dollar to put in it earlier that morning and I gave him a quarter to add to it. It was so cute, as soon as we walked up to another yard sale he pulled his wallet out of his pocket and pulled out his money. He was ready to buy! Everybody got a kick out of it. Well almost, there was one lady that was a bit of a spaz and thought Houston was going to break everything just by looking at it. Other than that, everybody just loved the boys. Brody was riding along in the jogging stroller eating cheerios and drinking his water. We spared him the greasy breakfast. A $3 crock pot, some preschool books and a toy helicopter later, we packed up and headed to the mall. We got some yummy, healthy, non-greasy lunch from Nature's Table. Then stopped in at Starbucks so I could get a cup of coffee before we headed to the Swamp (the play area in the mall). A guy in line next to us saw Houston and was talking to him and Houston was hamming it up as usual so the guy asked if Houston could have a cookie. I said sure and he handed Houston this huge cookie from the cookie shop next to Starbucks that he had apparently just bought a bag of. So I got him some milk to go with his cookie and we sat down for a bit so he could eat it before going to play. This is when the day got fun! Houston spilled milk all over himself and the floor and Brody threw up all over me and the floor. We were a mess! I got everyone cleaned up and then we headed to the swamp. By the way, i'm really upset that Barnie's was replaced by Starbucks in the Oaks Mall. Starbucks, although they did have some organic chocolate milk for Houston, has yucky burnt coffee.

Apparently the lense on the camera part of my phone needs to be cleaned, hence all the blurry pictures. Oh well. I don't think I was even out of the parking lot yet before they were both sleeping. Yesterday we moved my shed and got it all set up. (yes, i now have my very own shed and let me tell you ... i am very excited about this. you have no idea how much.) And then we washed and vacuumed the vehicles. Pretty uneventful but a nice day all the same.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes just getting out and getting some fresh air can be helpful. Sounds like you did the right thing and "got away" for awhile.
    Glad to hear you are feeling better.