Monday, April 23, 2007

The Sicky Ickies

Ya'll ... I don't remember the last time I was this sick. Seriously, I wanted to die this weekend. I've been between the couch and the bed since saturday afternoon. Fever, chills, sweats, aches, pains ... all of it and then some. I had the worst night of sleep ever last night. My throat is extremely sore and my back and neck feel like someone hit me with a baseball bat. The only good thing about all of this is that the worst of it happened over the weekend so Brett was here to help with the kids. I could barely stand up yesterday. Brett went to the store to get me some medicine and I had to change Brody's diaper ... well I was so weak that I almost couldn't hold on to him. I almost dropped him on the way to the changing table.
All this being said, I am really starting to question the sanitary practices of our pediatrician's office. Why, you ask? Because (and this can be verified by searching through previous blog entries) for at least the past five or six times we've been to the pediatrician I and/or the kids have been sick within 72 hours. Once or twice I might consider a coincidence. Five or six times in a row ... I think it's more than a coincidence. I'm considering calling them and sharing my story. Don't know if it will do any good but I feel like maybe I should tell them.

2 comments:

  1. Bummer about getting sick from the Dr's office; do they have a "sick" and "well" waiting room?

    You might consider taking astragalus (a tincture should work) before you go and after? It's supposed to be a good immune booster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, is all I can say. I so hope that you are feeling better...!

    ReplyDelete