Monday, April 30, 2007

OLDEST YARN IN MY STASH

For Secret Pal 10 we were asked to blog about the oldest yarn in our stash. So here it goes ...


The oldest yarn in my stash is some that I inhereted from my mother-in-law. I don't know how old it is but I know it's older than anything else I have. First of all, I don't think i've ever seen a Red Heart label like this before. It looks old. It has an address for Coats & Clark (the manufacturer) in Norwalk, CT and I just looked at a more recent skein of the same brand that I bought for some Christmas ornaments a few years ago and it has an address for Coats & Clark in Greenville, SC. And I know i'm not up on my Red Heart yarn history but since when do they have dye lots? Is this something they used to do but don't anymore? I haven't bought any Red Heart in a long time (since becoming a bit of a yarn snob) but I do like to use it for certain craft projects and toys. The most interesting thing about this yarn is how soft it is. I've honestly never felt any Red Heart yarn that is this soft.


And as you can see here, Gizmo thinks it's pretty cozy. :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like this yarn calls for creating kitty toys!!

    Su Amiga Secreto

    ReplyDelete