Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Back to the Knitting

Here are a few of my current works-in-progress ... well most of them anyway. I seem to have some serious knitting ADD and therefore tend to have at least five different projects going at all times.

Chicago Socks
I bought this great yarn from Loopy Yarns in Chicago when we were there over the Christmas holiday. I cast on during the drive home. I've really been itching to make some Baby Cable Rib Socks from the Sensational Knitted Socks book and so that's what I chose for this yarn. I had planned on using a semi-solid yarn that I had dyed (Stardust). Well being the impatient knitter that I am I decided to use this yarn with that pattern. I think i'm going to rip it out and do some stockinette socks with this yarn ... the yarn is crazy enough as is and the pattern gets lost a little bit. Although the picture makes it look like you can hardly even see the pattern at all ... it's not as bad in person. I'm letting these rest for a while so I can decide what I want to do. I probably should rip them out and do stockinette and use my Stardust yarn for the baby cable rib as I originally intended. One of these days i'll start listening to that little knitter voice in my head instead of charging on for hours on something I know i'm going to end up ripping out. Oh well!




Log Cabin Baby Blanket (pattern here)
Note to self ... 36 garter ridges = 72 garter rows ... DUH! Now that I have that figured out and have ripped out and restarted three times after getting this far .... i'm finally on a roll with this blanket. Although i'm not sure I like how my corners are lining up but i'm so NOT ripping this thing out again. I think I have an idea for the next block to keep that from happening ... we'll see how it goes. I'm sure the baby this is for won't mind. The yarn is a super soft acrylic/nylon blend that I bought at Hanks in Gainesville. Dark Horse Yarns Fantasy in four different purples. You can see three of them here. The next one is even darker than the last. Perfect yarn for baby items and i'm really enjoying working with it which is more than I can say for most acrylics.


Callie Cardi
This is my first sweater for myself, modeled by the boys. I don't work on it all that often so it's going slow but I am making progress an i'm really liking it so far. It's knit all in one piece which is great. Yarn is an organic wool/cotton blend called O-Wool Balance from Vermont Organic Fiber Company. I found a shop online called Lavendar & Peonies that has it at a great price. Pattern is available for purchase from Cosmic Pluto Knits.

Little man looks rough, huh? I took this last week when he had an ear and eye infection.
And since we're looking at big man ... took him to the doc yesterday and he has an ear infection and an upper respiratory infection. So now they are both on antibiotics. Brett also finally took himself to the doctor yesterday. He has an ear infection as well and is also on antibiotics. I've been taking Zicam and Airborne and hoping that I don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment