Thursday, June 28, 2007

Day 2 of 11 ... still going strong

So yesterday while I was running it felt like the seam of my sock was rubbing on my toe. I stopped a few times and adjusted my sock, thinking it just needed to shift a little. About three miles into my journey I just couldn't take it anymore so I decided to take my socks off. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that the problem had nothing to do with my sock but was, in fact, due to my shoe coming apart from the inside. You should see the nasty blister on my toe today. Anyway, after Yoga last night I went to the mall and bought a new pair of running shoes. And let me just tell you ... there's nothing like running in a new pair of running shoes that fit just right. I bought yet another pair of New Balance running shoes. They come in extra wide widths which I need for my very flat, very wide feet. I informed Brett when I got home that he had just bought me a pair of running shoes for my birthday. :) He said he would have to take the diamond ring back then and I just had to laugh.
Brett had a city council meeting to go to tonight so the boys and I went to the gym. They did really well in the childwatch. The woman watching the kiddos tonight told me that they were both very well behaved. That's my boys! :) I did some ab work and ran on the treadmill. I walked for a half mile to get good and warmed up and then I ran for two miles straight without stopping! Yay! Go me! I haven't been able to do that in a long time. I uesd to run a lot but I got away from it for quite a while. I'm really enjoying getting back into it. It feels great to exert myself like that and to sweat out all those toxins. Speaking of sweating, I thought I would sweat less today b/c I was on a treadmill in the a/c ... didn't happen. I am one sweat-producing machine when I run! (i know, yummy)
I've found the key for me is a good long walking warm up and good music on my mp3 player. I spent a while today loading more of our cds onto the computer so I could put a new playlist on my mp3 player and make some cd's for our beach trip and for my sectret pal. So glad I took the time to do that. I was getting sick of all the songs I had on there before. I'm in more of a rock phase now so my new playlist has Candlebox, Sister Hazel, Black Crowes, Live, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Evanescence, Linkin Park, Seether, Lenny Kravitz (of course), Daughtry, and a handful of fun pop/dance songs like Pussy Cat Dolls, Justin Timberlake and Christina Aguilera. New shoes and new music and I was rockin' and runnin'. Good stuff man, good stuff.
I think the thing i'm diggin' about getting into running again (besides the obvious health benefits) is the personal challenge. How far can I go this time? I'm going through a phase of seeking out new challenges in life. Can you tell? But mostly, i'm just tired of carrying this extra weight around and not feeling good about myself. I am losing weight though so i'm on the right track!
In knitting news, I finished the headwrap I was working on and it turned out quite nicely. Let's see if I can find the picture I took... well it looks like you're gonna have to wait. I didn't realize my memory stick wasn't in the camera when I took the pic so it's on the camera's internal memory and I don't see the usb cable for the camera. I'm sure it's around here somewhere but i'll find it later. Right now i'm going to bed.

On a blender note ... i've discovered my favorite juice so far and it is sooooo yummy. I use four ounces of water, one tomato, eight baby carrots, one stalk of celery, about five or six red grapes and some ice cubes. Use the "whole juice" cycle on the fancy dancy blender and you've got yourself a glass of yummy goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment