Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Kids and Crafts

So I went running last night for the first time in about two weeks. I walked one mile, ran one mile and then walked another mile. It felt great but man am I sore today. And then I ate Cheetos for breakfast ... way to ruin that workout! I managed to get some more crafty things done last night after everyone else went to bed. I've really got to stop working this way so I can get some much needed sleep but I just can't find another time where I can stand in the kitchen mixing dye. The boys are always moving stools around in there so they can see what i'm doing and I can't have them breathing dye dust. I have to wear a mask myself. It's not toxic once it's mixed but breathing the dust in is bad for your lungs. I also finished the logo for my hand dyed yarn. I'm super happy with it too. Now I just have to decide whether I want to add some color to it or leave it black and white. Hmmmm .. what to do. I also have my label idea. I'm going to use business cards tied to the yarn versus a sticky label. The info specific to the yarn itself will be on the back of the card. And speaking of dying yarn ... I got swap partners sent out for the Hand Dyed Yarn Swap I started. I can't wait to see what everyone makes. Fun stuff!

And now for some even more fun news ... Brody seems to be starting to talk! I know that's normal but for us it is different. Houston never did that. He really didn't start talking where anything made sense until about two months ago. I've been able to understand some of what he says since a month or two after his second birthday but he's really just started trying to talk very recently. In fact, it's time to go back to speech therapy. He's doing really well on his own but he could use a little articulation therapy now that he's attempting to make more sounds. Back to Brody though ... he's picked up baby signs really well but now he is adding sounds to them. He says "hot" and "bath" although they sound more like "hau" and "baa". I wasn't really sure until a few days ago that he was doing it on purpose. Get this though ... I would just about swear on my life that he said "applesauce" this morning. I about fell of my chair. We were sitting at the table and I was feeding Brody some yogurt. Houston came in with a cup of applesauce and sat down with us to eat it. Brody pointed at Houston and I swear ya'll ... he said "applesauce" plain as day. I couldn't believe it but I know I heard it. Now that i'm tuned in to the fact that he is trying to talk i'm noticing him making a lot of different sounds. When Houston was this age all he said was "da da da", everything was "da" ... for a loooooong time. Brody is making all kinds of sounds and it is a lot of fun!

1 comment:

  1. Do you ever take a day off? You seem like the busiest person I know, along with myself!

    ReplyDelete