Friday, July 20, 2007

Yarn Swap, Kids Art Class and Etsy

As if i'm not busy enough with my usual things ... i've gone and found a few more ways to spend my *cough* free time. Ha ha ... ha ha ... ha ... oops sorry, almost fell of my chair laughing again. :)

1. My hand dyed yarn swap is going well. I have 28 participants and sign-ups are closed for this round. I'm really looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.

2. Remember the toddler art class idea I posted about earlier? Well I sent an email out to a bunch of moms to see if there was any interst. Holy cow! I could have fifteen kids in the back yard next week. That should be fun! I've got dates set for the first four classes. There's no way I can have table space or easels set up by then so our first couple of classes will be on old sheets on the ground. I don't think the kids will mind. If you sent me an email response be on the look out for an email coming soon with dates and details. And if you haven't responded yet but want in please let me know asap. K thanks. Also, older and younger siblings are more than welcome to join in the fun. I should probably call it a kids art class versus a toddler art class but the projects will be geared towards the toddler and two-year-old level for now.

3. I've been asked about my Etsy shop a couple of times now so here's an update for those of you who are interested. I've decided to hold off posting anything for sale for a little while. I want this to be something special ... I want to get everything just right and have it look professional. If things go well on Etsy I plan on starting a stand-alone shop online. So far I have a name, a website (still in development though since it will be an Etsy shop at first), a logo idea, have part of my logo designed and have six yarn colorways, some stitch markers and two work-in-progress bag ideas. I'm not ready to give any details other than that but i'm hoping to have it all together in about a month. It's a lot of work getting this all set up and doing all the dyeing experiments and graphic design and I don't have as much time to put into it as I wish I did. I'm really excited about it though, so much so that it has pretty well taken over my brain. I wake up thinking about yarn and go to bed dreaming of new colorways. I've had some pretty crazy yarn related dreams lately. I hope others are as thrilled with things as I am and want to buy lots of yarny stuff. :) It's making it really tough for me to concentrate on my engineering projects though as I find my thoughts wandering off towards yarns and dyes and new ideas instead of focusing on the project in front of me. And it's really frustrating that I don't have the time I want to put into it. There are just so many things I want to do ....

No comments:

Post a Comment