Sunday, July 01, 2007

When it rains, it pours...

I got another one of those bad phone calls today. My Uncle Buck passed away. Technically he's Dad B.'s cousin but my brother and I were very close to him growing up. He lived just a couple hours south of us and was with us for many, many holidays and vacations. He never married or had children so we were his family. Everyone else on dad b.'s side of the family lives in Indiana. His name is John Michael but my brother and I started calling him Unlce Buck after the movie. I'll explain why when I get home and get some time to post more. We had to come back from the beach early so I could get ready to fly to Indiana for the funeral. It's 3am, we just got home and have to be up and on our way to the airport at 7:30am. I'll be back tuesday night. I'm freaking out a bit about leaving the boys. I've never been away from Brody for more than a few hours or so. Keeping my milk supply up is going to be interesting. So my dad b., my pump and I are heading to Indiana. Everyone wish Brett luck being a single dad for a few days. I'm sure he'll be fine but it's going to be interesting. It's me that i'm worried about ... but I can't not be there. He was there for many important days in my life and I just can't let myself miss this.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, sweetie. My heart goes out to you right now. I have no words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry, I am thinking about you. Let me know if there is anything I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that Celena, my prayers are with you.

    David

    ReplyDelete
  4. Celena,

    I'm so sorry to hear about this. Hopefully, you have nothing but fond memories of him and can continue to remember him that way.

    xoxoxo
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am so sorry to hear this!
    our thoughts are with you and i hope we'll be able to bring some much needed smiles when we see you this week.
    love you!

    ReplyDelete