Thursday, July 19, 2007

Socks, Tomatoes, Pumpkins and Pancakes ... of course :)

I'm almost starting to like these socks. See that big mole on the toe on my left foot? Houston thinks it's funny to sneak up to me and try to pull it off while i'm not watching. Kid is gonna get accidently kicked in the head one of these days when he scares the pants off me. Not to mention how bad it hurts.











And here's Houston modeling his sock. I wish I had caught on to the "knit both at the same time to avoid second sock syndrome" thing before I started this sock. Actually this started out being a sock for Brody and when I realized how big it was I just tucked it away in a drawer of yarn and forgot about it for a while.






Picked from what's left of the garden today. Is it just me or do you see a sock yarn colorway in this photo? Yep ... probably just me. ;)


Is it Halloween yet? I'm going to clean and process these tomorrow and store 2 cup servings in the deep freezer. Just the right amount for my pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie and pumpkin soup recipes.



Houston is the puzzle king. He loves them and put all four of these floor puzzles together without much help at all the day we got them. We were really impressed. Probably the best $12 i've spent in a long time.



Is it done yet? I don't know, let me see.



Brody has pretty well mastered the art of feeding himself with a fork. It's amazing wat they can learn if you just let them try things you don't think they'll figure out yet. He's been an eating machine lately ... another growth spurt! Oh, and these were the pancakes his brother left at the breakfast table. I walked into the dining room and found Brody who had taken the plate and the fork off the table, put it on the bench, and started chowing down. He stood there and ate every last bite.


No comments:

Post a Comment