Thursday, July 12, 2007

Ravelry!

As if I needed yet another internet thing to steal my time away .... this Ravelry thing is way too much fun. I finally got my much awaited invite last week and was finally able to join in the fun. Now I have yet another reason to stay up until 2:30am. I love that I can see what other people have done with some random skein of yarn they own that I also have in my stash. I already found several things I want to knit and so my queue grows and grows.

I was having some technical issues with it until I remembered reading somewhere that they designed it to be run with Firefox, not Internet Explorer. Once I downloaded and installed Firefox, all my Ravelry problems went away. And I must say, i'm really digging Firefox. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than IE. If you don't have it ... you should. And it will automatically import all of your bookmarks and settings and stuff for you from IE so it's a seamless transfer. Now I don't have to deal with the annoying error messages I keep getting ever since I updated to the newer version of IE. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :-)

If you're on Ravelry, look for me. I'm "Celena" ... original, I know.

3 comments:

  1. Been using Firefox for 2 + years now. Will never go back to IE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, I love Firefox. I also freaking LOVE Ravelry; goodbye, free time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firefox is awesome, I really love the add-ons and extensions. :) And Ravelry is so fun! Totally worth the wait. :)

    ReplyDelete